Monday, December 6, 2010

on the sixth day. . .

Reverb 10: December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

This isn't the last thing I've made, but hanging art on this red wall is probably the most recent thing I've made that has brought me so much joy (sometimes I think maybe a bit too much joy because, after all, it is a non-living thing). It was a stated goal of mine to complete this task when I was 34 (which I did) and one that hung out on my mental list of to-do's since 2007 or 2008. I have commitment issues when it comes to pounding nails in walls. This little project, two in my living room and bedroom and soon another in my craft room are helping me get over my wall nailing fears. I'm loving the results. Makes my place feel more like home with each new addition.

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I have always wanted to create a little wall collection like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your place, Jill. Just thought I'd tell you again... :)

    ReplyDelete