Wednesday, February 3, 2010

what's up?

Hello blog reader,

Just a note to say that I'm frustrated with the dearth of time that has lapsed since I last posted, especially since I started a story, and I have yet to finish the rest of it. I'm not exactly sure why I'm dragging my feet on this. . . but I might be able to narrow it down to a few ideas.

1. I was pleased as punch to achieve my goal of posting for 30 days in a row. So pleased. Stick-to-it-iveness is something I struggle with, and posting each day allowed me to practice discipline around something that's important to me, which is a significant life skill to develop. But I'll admit, after it was over, I gave myself liberal permission to continue blogging without a strict posting schedule. . . 

2. Because sometimes, I just don't feel like writing and sharing. There I said it. Sometimes I just don't want to write about my thoughts and feelings, how my day went, and what's going on in my life, others lives or the world around me. I'm an internal processor of information and ideas, especially with new information and ideas. So, I just haven't felt a need or desire to write lately.

3. Which leads me to idea # three. I'm pretty certain I've been (just below my day-to-day consciousness of life) thinking about how to continue telling this story. Trying to remember details. Trying to write just the right thing. Because this was a significant experience in my life, that signaled a positive change in how I valued my ideas, my goals and myself as a confident and self-assured woman.

This post just might be the catalyst I needed to get back to this story. And tell it. There is more - and it's not movie to TV dramatic in any way - just giving you the heads up. It's just a story about a time in my life that I've been thinking about quite a bit lately.

And by typing "trying to write just the right thing," I'm pretty sure that shook me out of thinking there's a perfect way to tell this story. Nothing's perfect. Just tell it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill, #2 is SO me right now. I'm grumpy and stressed and don't want everyone to know it. :) I was thinking today about my week off from school in March and was looking forward to dinner with you! WA-HOO!

    ReplyDelete